Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lovey Dovey Projects for Laines...

Valentine's Day is nearing, Laines have brought in lots of lovey dovey goodies for you to choose from. Here's a look at what Valentine's Day stash I got to work with.

Supplies: American Crafts (A7 Paper Envelopes, I heart u ribbon, Kiss Kiss Minimarks Rub-ons), Basic Grey (doillies, Sugar Rush Epoxy Stickers), BoBunny (12" Delilah Cut Outs PP), Hambly (Pink Old Lace Overlay), Magistical Memories (Scroll Heart Book Chipboard), Making Memories (Word Fetti Stickers), Riff Raff Designs (Chipboard)

Here's what I came up with using these supplies. I did 2 altered projects and a layout! All submitted to Laines for you to take a closer look. Hope you like them!!

I love the heart shaped chipboards from Magistical Memories! They are so easy to use. I've altered them with American Crafts embossing powder and added a lace Hambly overlay. The chipboards were adhered to an envelope to hold a message or photo.

The Hambly was heated to create curling, hence revealing the white embossing powder below it. Also added some ribbons around the chipboard.

Inside the envelope is a photo with rub-ons journaling. You can add a special message for your loved one! :)


Here's another altered project where I used mainly cut-outs from the BoBunny PP. I backed the PP with chipboard to make it stiffer. Twine was used to hang the display.
Notice the Love Struck cut-out? That's from the Making Memories Word Fetti Stickers packaging. The packaging nowadays are just as pretty as the embellishments it holds! I'm guilty of buying stash because of their pretty packaging! =P

Here's the layout I created... I wanted to create a fun page with a variety of embellishments...

I love the American Crafts rub-ons! They are so cute and goes well with a funny photo! I love how it turned out on my layout. Doesn't it make the page more playful?

The Riff Raff Designs chipboards are awesome too, I love especially the envelope chipboard! I left the chipboard raw and backed it with the Hambly overlay... The wings were embellished with stickers from the Word Fetti stickers..

Not sure how to use the Making Memories Word Fetti stickers? Check out how I used it on my layout. I love how it is laid out on the sticker backing, so I used it as it is instead of peeling the stickers off for journaling. An idea you might want to try out on your next layout!
Hope this inspires you to start creating some lovey dovey projects for your loved ones!
I submitted the layout for the following 2 challenges:
{Create}'s Feb Challenge: To create a Lovey Dovey Feel layout.
Magistical Memories Feb 2010 Challenge: To use the colours red, pink and white and try to stick with only the 3 specific colors as much as possible. Hearts are encouraged but not required.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you used the word fetti stickers! Very cool idea!

feli said...

thanks sharon! :)

Quirkz said...

SO much love... Oooosh!! Nice...

Anonymous said...

Wow this was a great post.. I' m enjoying it.. good resource