Monday, September 01, 2008

smile...

Stephanie invited me to do Ed's sketch for the month of September.. I'm honoured to be invited... but the challenge seems really difficult, i just stared at the sketch and didn't know what to do...:P but i still managed to overcome it.. hehe!

Here's the sketch... I was racking my brain on how to make the layout look correct when the photo is placed at the top right hand corner... and also what to do with the 2 lines that split the 12x12 into 4...

I stamped on this scallop CS at the last Create crop and use it as a background for my page. Thanks to CK for lending us her stamps and ink.. :) Some of the scallops are missing from the CS because i used them on my Panda layout... I love the distressed look of this page... i had quite a hard time finding suitable PPs to use with this cardstock... I used the fibres to create the horizontal line in the middle of the page... then i attached flowers to end it off...
Did some tearing on the PP used to matt my photo... I also added a sticker at the corner with the remaining fibres attached to it. Pearls were added to the cut-out...
I also added glossy accent to the chipboard title, while it was dry, i poked at it to add texture to it... Added my journaling right at the bottom...
The buttons were layered to create the vertical line in the sketch... I added the buttons at the top and bottom to complete the page... i cut out the stamped sentiment at the bottom right hand corner from the CS and placed it on top of a sticker... the quote says, "if you don't have a smile, i'll give you one of mine." love that quote...:)i love this page very much, there's so much stash here! all thanks to a tip from June... i asked her how she decides on what stash to use on her layout, and she said she just keeps to certain rules, like she needs to have certain stash on every one of her layout... it made me use more variety of my stash on my layout, making it more rich in texture... will continue to do this in my future layouts.. :)

4 comments:

June said...

love all the textures on the LO !!

Edleen said...

i'm glad you got this layout from Ed's sketch! :D turned out really Awesome!!!

Adib said...

brilliant smile for a brilliant layout:D

Vivs said...

its a gorgeous layout! am truly mesmerised by it.