Sunday, August 31, 2008

Flowers in bloom Milk Carton..

I altered a milk carton that was given to me free from Laines... This milk carton will be displayed at Laines for voting.. The winner gets a prize! :) I hope mine is the most special, and i will win! :P
I decided to combine this with my take for Project Scrap-Away Challenge 12, which was to make old stash look new... Here's what i started out with... I painted the inner part of the carton, dabbered and stickled it.. I also stamped patterns on the carton.. The top part of one side of the carton was cut off.. You'll know why later...*wink*
Here's what i had at first... before embellishing the milk carton...
Here's how it looks now! i love the textures on it... I hope i've made my old stash look new! I used my old Basic Grey PPs, Basic Grey flowers rub-ons Luxe Arrows rub-ons and buttons... I feel... the way to make them look new is through stickles! So i just stickled my way while altering this milk carton...
Rub-ons are added to the PP.. Although the PPs are old, but they are given new life now! Stickles on rub-ons to highlight the flowers and leaves... It adds dimension to the rub-ons too...
Decided to use the arrow rub-ons to direct your view to inside the carton...

Do you see flowers in there? hehe.. These are cut-outs from PP...



A peek of the flowers within.. I cut out part of the milk carton so as to let light into the inner part of the carton, so the flowers can be seen more clearly.. the holes on the carton was just now sufficient...
I decided to add my name on the bottom of the box, hopefully when i submit it to Laines, it won't be damaged or missing.. :)

No comments: