Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I can SEE myself through my camera lenses...

Here's the layout i did for Challenge 1 of Project Scrap-Away Project Scrap-Away ... Challenge is to draw inspiration from an advertisement in any magazine or newspaper for their layout. I used a postcard ad for this challenge...

I did this page with a hambly transparency as a background. I love how i can paint the back of it and yet still be able to see both the paint and print on the transparency. The paint also brings out the photos which are matted with white cardstock and inked.

The title came partly from the quote on the postcard.

I added the postcard which inspired me to do this layout at the back of the photos. Only one colour photo on this layout to go with the title.
The photos are backed with chipboard where i painted and added stickles to frame these photos. These photos are held on the page by 3 brads which i doodled on. These photos can thus be removed to reveal the postcard behind. You can see how i got the idea of the arrangement of photos on this layout.

On the back of these photos is my hidden journaling.

I painted the back of the chipboard white and added stickers, doodling and journaling...
Love how light comes in from the back of this layout.:) And when i flip to the back of the transparency, i can see what's on the back of the postcard!

I love how the layout turned out.. :)

This post is to clarify what i've done on my layout and i'm so glad i've got through to the next round! And that Rhonna Farrer (celebrity guest judge for this challenge) looked at my layout! can't wait for the next challenge to be out...

1 comment:

Quirkz said...

This is Excellent work~!! Totally uniquely Orginal... I Loved it!! You looked so good in the photos.. So free! So happy! Makes me happy too.. =)